Range Rover Evoque offers a premium cabin, a refined ride, and exceptional off-road ability.
The redesigned Range Rover Evoque gets modest improvements over the first generation Evoque. Launched in 2012 with broad and low proportions, the Evoque stood out in the luxury subcompact crossover class long before there was such a thing.
The Range Rover Evoque R-Dynamic HSE is a pretty good luxury subcompact SUV. It has a high-end cabin with lots of high-tech safety features, standard all-wheel drive, and solid handling. However, its performance isn’t flawless. Its base engine is under powered for an SUV of its weight, and its transmission and steering could be more precise. It’s one of the best off roader’s in the class, no doubt but have a look at the competitors as well before making up your mind.
The Evoque is best behind the wheel. The two screen display is integrated smoothly in place of the conventional center stack. The dash is uncluttered, spartan, sleek. The cabin controls are easy to learn and easy enough to use, though the climate screen is not as simple as traditional buttons.
Buying a Land Rover includes genuine off-road capability in the spirit of “Above & Beyond” SUVs. If you don’t use a Rover off road, is it worth owning a Rover? Or is the possibility enough for you? Even though the Evoque seems more at home in a gated suburb or urban garage than mucking up all those clean British lines, Range Rover has built a reputation on go-anywhere conquer-ability unmatched by any other luxury automaker. The ground clearance of 21 centimeters with a water clearance over 58,5 centimeters provides plenty of off-road potential, and it’s all monitored by sensors and interior controls. The five driving modes, from ECO to OFF ROAD can be set to automatic, further entrusting the machine to do the job.
The Evoque will still win shoppers with its looks, but an older model might be the better buy if you want the look without that new car price.
PRICE OF VEHICLE BEING TESTED: AED 318,675*
RANGE ROVER EVOQUE 2.0 LITRE R-DYNAMIC HSE STARTING FROM (MSRP): AED 246,540*
RANGE ROVER EVOQUE 2.0 LITRE STARTING FROM (MSRP): AED 173,460*
ENGINE: 2.0 litre I4 MHEV
POWER: 300 PS
0-100 KM/H: 6.6 Seconds
TRANSMISSION: 9-Speed Automatic Transmission
EXTERIOR COLOUR: Seoul Pearl Silver with Black Contrast Roof (Optional) INTERIOR TRIM: Deep Garnet/Ebony perforated Windsor leather seats with Deep Garnet/Ebony interior
WHEELS: 21″ Style 5078, 5 split-spoke, Gloss Black (Optional)
• Premium LED headlights with signature Daytime Running Lights, Headlight Powerwash, Auto High Beam Assist(AHBA), Animated Directional Indicators
• 12” TFT Virtual Instrument Panel, InControl Touch Pro Duo Infotainment system
• Terrain Response 2, Adaptive Dynamics
• Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS), Four Wheel Drive (4WD), Anti- lock Braking, System (ABS), Electronic Stability Program(ESP), Roll Stability Control (RSC), Trailer Stability Assist(TSA), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Electronic Traction Control (ETC), Hill Descent Control (HDC), Cornering Brake Control (CBC), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Electric Parking Brake, Gradient Acceleration Control (GAC), Gradient Release Control (GRC), High Speed Emergency Braking(
• Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
• Wading Depth – 600MM
• Six Airbags, Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot Assist, Clear Exit Monitor, Driver Condition Monitor, High-speed Emergency Braking,
• Auto-dimming, power fold, heated door mirrors with memory and approach lights, Powered gesture tailgate
• Gradated Linear Dark Aluminium Trim Finisher
• InControl Connect Pro Pack (Pro Services with Wi-Fi Hotspot , InControl Apps)
• Smartphone Pack(Apple CarPlayTM )
• Driver Assist Pack(Blind Spot Assist, 360o Surround Camera, Clear Exit Monitor,
Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist, High-speed Emergency Braking, Park Assist, 3600 Parking Aid, Rear Traffic Monitor)
• MERIDIAN™ Surround Sound System with 15 Speakers Including Subwoofers 825 Watts Output
• Headlining – Suede cloth, Smokers Pack
• Perforated Soft Grain Leather Steering wheel with Atlas Bezel,
• 16-Way Electric Front Seats with Memory
• Head-up Display
• Black Exterior Pack (Gloss Black RANGE ROVER Bonnet Script, Gloss Black Grille with Gloss Black Surround, Body Coloured Front Bumper with Gloss Black Valance, Gloss Black Bonnet Louvres, Gloss Black Side Vents, Gloss Black Door Mirror Caps, Gloss Black Range Rover Tailgate Script, Gloss Black Rear Bumper with Gloss Black Valance, Gloss Black Exhaust Finishers)
• Full Extended Leather Upgrade(Windsor Leather on the Mid Instrument Panel, Instrument Panel Topper, Door Top Uppers & Lowers), Carpet mats
• Fixed Panoramic Roof, Black Contrast Roof
• Side Door Treadplate-Illuminated, Electric Steering Column adjustment
• Leisure Activity Key
• Air Quality Sensing, Cabin Air Ionisation
• Front Fog Lights
• Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
• Click & Go Integrated Base Unit
• ClearSight interior rear view mirror & Clearsight Ground View